Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Introducing Bold Borders, Sentiment Staples, Stitch In Time, and Kindness Counts

Good morning, everyone! It's Day 4 of the March Papertrey Ink new release countdown and it's a full intro day, friends! The team is showcasing my new Bold Borders: Diagonal Die, the Sentiment Staples: Thank You mini, and Kindness Counts (a sentiment set all about being kind and lifting others) as well as Betsy's Stitch In Time set. So rather than keep babbling, I'm going to share some projects. Sound good? Great!

First up, I have a thank you card I made by pairing the Bold Borders: Diagonal Die with Sentiment Staples: Thank You.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_March2018_BoldBorders_Appreciate_Your_Kindness_Card_1

I began by sponging a bit of Aqua Mist ink onto a white card base. Then I die cut a Bold Borders: Diagonal frame from white cardstock and adhered it to the card front.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_March2018_BoldBorders_Appreciate_Your_Kindness_Card_3

Next, I stamped and die cut three flower clusters from the Seasonal Borders: Spring set. I also stamped and die cut one of the vases from my Vogue Vases stamp set. I arranged the vase and flowers on the card front and adhered them with a mix of flat and foam adhesives. Then, I embellished the pink flowers' centers with glitter for a touch of sparkle.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_March2018_BoldBorders_Appreciate_Your_Kindness_Card_2

Then, I sponged Winter Wisteria ink onto Lilac Grace cardstock. I die cut the sentiment and banner from that cardstock and heat embossed the banner with the Sentiment Staples: Thank You greeting. I adhered those pieces to the card front and called it good. I love the softness of this card!

Next up, I have a card made with Betsy's Stitch In Time set and my Kindness Counts set.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_March2018_KindnessCounts_Bit_Of_Our_Heart_Card_1

I began by stamping the large frame image on a Classic Kraft card base using Fresh Snow ink. Then, I die cut the center panel from Rustic White cardstock and stamped it with the border image in Fine Linen.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_March2018_KindnessCounts_Bit_Of_Our_Heart_Card_2

I followed up by stamping the sentiment in the center of that die cut using Smokey Shadow and the heart in Lovely Lady and Autumn Rose. Then, I adhered it to the card front with foam adhesive.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_March2018_KindnessCounts_Bit_Of_Our_Heart_Card_3

Next, I created a bouquet of flowers using my Simple Stems set. I created a newspaper wrap by sponging Soft Stone and Fine Linen inks onto white copy paper before crumpling it up and stamping it with the Background Basics: Newsprint stamp set. I wrapped that "newspaper" around the flowers and embellished it with a twine bow before adhering it to the card front. I'm really happy with how that little detail turned out.

I hope you've enjoyed today's post! I'll be back tomorrow with more projects featuring this month's new release. In the meantime, Betsy, Heather, Keeway, Laurie, Melissa B, MelissaP, Michelle, Stephanie, and Lexi all have cards to share with you today. Have a great day, everyone!
Supplies:
Truly Appreciate Your Kindness Card


Bit Of Our Heart Card

8 comments:

jan metcalf said...

Loving, enjoying, your wrapped bouquet card!

Darla said...

That wrapped bouquet is fabulous! Gorgeous cards!

JanetB said...

I love how you wrapped the bouquet in the newsprint, perfect!

Vicki Finger said...

Gorgeous projects today, Lizzie!

Judith Ann Novak said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Lizzie! I'm back again today, because I'm just loving your newest designs! What an awesome release. REALLY! I think your cards are more beautiful with each new release. And I can't wait to purchase your new Simple Stems. Thx Lizzie!! :)

nancy said...

After watching the sneaks video, Kindness Counts is the set I was most excited to see. It's so lovely, Lizzie. Thank you for designing it.

Jill Norwood said...

Gorgeous cards! Love how you created the newspaper and wrapped the flowers! It's such a sweet detail!!!