Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Papertrey Ink September Countdown - Day 3

Good morning, all, and welcome back for Day 3 of this month's Papertrey Ink new release countdown (just a reminder, all of the new products mentioned in today's post will be available on the Papertrey Ink website at 10pm on September 15th). I'm back today with a couple of additional projects showcasing my new stamps and dies. Let's get to it!

I haven't shared anything with Very Merry yet, so let's start there.

Wonder & Joy Card

I love the playful style of this Christmas tree so very much! I began by partially die cutting the tree shape from a panel of white cardstock (I just covered the area I wanted to cut with my cutting sandwich and left the rest of the panel hanging out; then I trimmed a straight line down the edge).

Wonder & Joy Card 3

I stamped the tree in New Leaf, Green Parakeet, and Pinefeather inks. I added the trunk in Dark Chocolate and then heat embossed the garlands with red and silver powders. I masked the trunk and added the grounding oval in Aqua Mist and the star topper in Bright Buttercup. Next, I stamped the sentiment in Pure Poppy next to the tree.

Wonder & Joy Card 2

Next, I stamped a Pure Poppy card base with Background Basics: Super Gingham using the matching ink. Then, I adhered the tree panel to the front of the card with foam tape. I stamped and die cut the little presents from the stamp set and arranged them beneath the tree. As a final touch, I embellished the star with Crystal glitter to add just a bit of sparkle.

Supplies:


I also have a Gift Card Cozy to share today. I thought this one might be fun for a Secret Santa gift.

Holiday Gift Card Holder

I began by die cutting my cozy from Fresh Snow Linen stock. Then, I stamped the ribbons from Gift Card Cozy Sentiments and masked them with post-it tape. I sponged the rest of the solid panel with Aqua Mist ink before stamping the greeting and removing the masks.

Holiday Gift Card Holder 3

I stamped the inside of the cozy with a diamond pattern before assembling it. I really love adding a pattern to the inside of these gift card holders. It's such a fun detail.

Holiday Gift Card Holder 2

I also stamped the flap with the "Surprise!" sentiment and leaves from Brilliant Baubles. I stamped and die cut one of the flowers and adhered the top half to the flap (similar to the bow from yesterday's post). I also stamped and die cut the bow and adhered it to the front of the cozy with foam tape. Once that was secure, I used a dot of Nuvo Crystal Drops in Neptune Turquoise to look like a knot.

Supplies:

That's all for me today. I hope you've enjoyed getting another look at my new releases for this month. I'll be back tomorrow with more to share. In the meantime, Nichole, Betsy, Heather, Michelle, and Laurie all have projects to show you, so be sure to check them out. Have a great day and I'll see you tomorrow!

4 comments:

Vikki H said...

Oh, this release is lots of fun and inspiration! Thanks for the cozy ideas as it will be on my buy list.

Luanne said...

Love how you did that tree! So pretty with the red plaid behind it.

TeresaC said...

Delightful, Lizzie!!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

This tree is adorable !!