Sunday, September 17, 2017

More Papertrey Ink Release: Gift Card Cozy Collection & Berry Wreath

Good morning and welcome back to another day of Papertrey Ink September release inspiration! I'm sharing a couple of additional projects with you today featuring my Gift Card Cozy Collection and Heather's Berry Wreath stamp set. Let's get to it!

My first project today is a gift bag with a small, removable folded note tag that slipped into one of the Gift Card Tabs dies.

Josie's Gift Bag

I began by die cutting the Front & Center #2 die four times - twice out of white cardstock, once out of Bitty Big: Pure Poppy Paper, and once out of Green Parakeet cardstock. I cut the patterned paper and Green Parakeet die cuts into two pieces and then die cut the Pinked Gift Card Tabs into the bottom half of the Green Parakeet bag.

Josie's Gift Bag 3

I then adhered all four of the pieces to the white Front & Center shapes in a mix and match arrangement. I adhered those pieces to a white lunch bag and set it aside.

Josie's Gift Bag 2

Next, I xyroned some white cardstock and die cut it with the Simple Gift Bow die. I removed the adhesive backing and applied pieces of tape to select areas that I didn't want to be glittered. Then, I sprinkled the pieces with Crystal glitter to make them super sparkly. I assembled my bow and applied the pieces to the gift bag, covering my seams.

Josie's Gift Bag 4

Next, I made the little note tag. I cut a piece of white cardstock to 3 3/8" x 4 1/4" (about double the size of a standard gift card) and scored it along the center. I stamped it with the ribbons from Gift Card Cozy Sentiments in Pure Poppy and Green Parakeet inks and then added my niece's name in Smokey Shadow using the Fresh Alphabet.

Josie's Gift Bag 5

On the inside, I stamped a sentiment from Very Merry, again in Smokey Shadow. I folded the tag and rounded the corners before sliding it in under the gift card tabs. You could do something similar to dress up a simple, solid-colored gift bag you buy at the craft store, too.

Josie's Gift Bag 6

Just cut a panel the size of the front of your bag, die cut with the Gift Card Tabs die of your choice, and then stamp and decorate to create something totally customized. I'm sure this is a trick I'll be using this holiday season!

Supplies:


Next up, I have a set of tags I created with Heather's Berry Wreath set. I've always loved Heather's wreath stamp sets and this one is no exception.

Wreath Gift Tags

I began by heat embossing the wreaths onto white cardstock using clear embossing powder. Then, I sponged over them with Aqua Mist ink and die cut the tags using the Berry Wreath Tag Die.

Wreath Gift Tags 2

Next, I colored the leaves with a colored pencil, adding the color mostly at the base of each leaf. I stamped the sentiment from Gift Card Cozy Sentiments in the center of the wreaths using Smokey Shadow ink.

Wreath Gift Tags 3

I then die cut and stamped the bows from the Gift Card Cozy Sentiments stamp set and adhered one to the top of each wreath. I tied on white crochet thread and then embellished each berry and the center of the bows with Ruby Slippers Nuvo glitter drops. I really like that the result is light and airy.

Supplies:


That's all for me today. Thank you so much for joining me! Make sure to pop in and visit Betsy, Dawn, Heather, Laurie, Melissa, Michelle, Stephanie, and Wanda for more projects with this month's release. See you soon, everyone!

2 comments:

Jane C. said...

What a beautiful, creative packaging idea. Thanks for the inspiration Lizzie!

Kris said...

Awesome gift bag...especially since my new grand daughter's name is Josie! Can't wait to use this idea for her next gift!